Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Post-Holiday Work

How come we dread going back to work when we've had some time off? Shouldn't we be refreshed and ready to give our all for our employer? (LOL )Today was exceptionally hard. We've been short-handed for about, oh, 6 months or so. When we have enough people, they are generally idiots. That's been the case so far. I work my booty off. I hate it when I have to pay when others slack. I guess I shouldn't complain, since I only have to work 3 day this week. (Plus I will be paid for four)

I really felt tired for the first time in a long time. Actually had to take a Lor-Tab when I got home. I have so precious few from my accident 8 months ago. I have to take them sparingly. My bones ached so bad today. I felt like I worked out at the gym for 8 hours. Nope, just slaved for "The Man." I use that term for the workplace. I seriously have nothing against my boss. He is a nice man and decent to work for. I think I'll take early retirement and become a socialite.

No comments: