Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Iron Chef America is Amazing!!!!!!

I am such a food nerd. Everyone gets into Lost and Heroes, but I can't wait for new episodes of Iron Chef America. There were two new episodes Sunday night. The first: Morimoto (the Japanese Iron Chef) and Wolfgang Puck. The Secret Ingredient: Eggs. The Winner: Puck.

They created a lot of interesting dishes including custards made with ostrich egg. Pucks sous chef made spun sugar as a garnish, which I would love to learn how to do. Actually, I'd love a sous chef, because I hate chopping vegggies. Love to cook, hate to chop. I think it is because I need some real knives. Eventually, when I move in and have my own kitchen, I will invest in some real knives and just learn to cut and chop everything better. Maybe then, I won't hate it so much.

The second episode featured the challenger who had me watching The Food Network in the beginning: Jamie Oliver.( aka The Naked Chef) He went head to head with Mario Batali The secret ingredient: a fish I had never heard of- Cobia. I am not sure if I am even spelling it right. When they revealed the secret ingredient, the fish were all still alive in a tank. I hated seeing the fish scooped out and chopped right before my eyes. I'm sure PETA was ticked. It was a little depressing seeing all those once live fish filleted and garnished in the final dishes an hour later. Jamie Oliver even made Guinness battered fish and chips with the cobia. I would have skipped the mashed peas he served with it.

The new Oliver episode with proceeded with a new series Jamie at Home, which is a lot like his original Naked Chef show or like the second Oliver's Twists. He made this pork stew that looked amazing. O K , I want kitchen right now. I want to spin sugar and make a roast, pronto.

No comments: