Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Non-existant Bridal Shower

Newsflash to everyone.....Gil's personal shower didn't happen. Due to unfortunate events, us girls just drove around like madwomen with bras, panties, and a cake in the back of a van. At least Gillian's hair looks gorgeous. I can't wait to see how everything comes together for Saturday's wedding. I hope things go together better than they did for the shower. I was so tired. I had to call Jason to take me home. Had a date with the plummer.

We had a slight problem with our shower. The drain pan is broken, causing water to seep through the walls. Mold and mildew are not my friends. At least the seller is willing to fix it for us. I am so happy about that.

The plummer gave me a morning full of humor. He sounds just like Billy Bob Thorton in Sling Blade. The resemblance is uncanny. While I was making breakfast, I just wanted to offer him fried potatoes to see if he would say: " I reckon I would like them french fried taters."

I love the automated bank service at Wachovia. The voice of the automated teller is so funny. He gave me the wrong info and asked,"Is this correct?" I answered, "No." He responded, "My mistake." I thought it would be even funnier if said,"My bad." It would make my banking experience a little more enjoyable.

No comments: