Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sad news

Sorry it has been a few days. Jason and I had to make a sudden trip to Melbourne and Sebastian on Tuesday morning. His grandmother had a new pacemaker put in on Monday. That afternoon, she started bleeding internally. We were called early Tuesday morning and informed that her condition was grave. The blood issue did arise, but gladly, Gram stood her ground. She fell asleep in death at 11:56 on Tuesday night.
I was with the rest of the family in the room when she passed away. It was the first time I ever experienced that. It kind of freaked me out, but I was really there in support of the rest of the family.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to know her extremely well, but she was a funny lady. She was so thoughtful. She gave Jason and I our first gift after we got engaged.(A cookie press that I've never used, but will find a use for now) She gave Jason for the split pea soup. She was an awesome cook.

It was a sad and stressful time for the whole family. I feel bad for Jason's mom, who took care of her for the last 7 years. I know she will miss her deeply. Her passing caused a lot of confusion and stress for the whole family. Thankfully 2 brothers came over and really put things into perspective for us. I was so happy they came over.

Jason did so well keeping everyone informed and getting things done. It was such a difficult thing to do, but he did it well. I am so proud of him.

I got a chance to meet Jason's aunt Vivi. She is so cool. She is so different from Lynn. They are polar opposites. She did a lot to arrange things for Gram. I think her memorial will be either this weekend or next. I hope it's next weekend. I am just so tired.

I can't wait to see her in the new system.

No comments: