Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dittums....et al.

What teenage boys won't do for a few bucks. I had my entire front yard raked for 50 bucks. I know it sounds like a lot, but 2 of them worked for 6 hours. They really did a nice job, too. I wasn't spared from work. I spent my Sat. afternoon painting my bathroom. I now know why painting and I broke up 7 years ago. I hate painting. I painted my bedroom at my parents house 7 years ago. I vowed, "never again." Funny how we forget. Anyway, it does look really nice. I think I will buy myself a nice shelf, a towel ring and some new switch plates. Now I'm getting carried away.

Dave and Robin are coming up for the assembly next weekend. I can't wait. I think I'll set them up in the office on the inflatable mattress. Haven't bought the sofa bed from Ikea yet. I want to go back, but I need to plan it.

I wonder what the special announcement is at the meeting tomorrow. Everyone is speculating. I am not much of a conspiracy theorist. It is no surprise to me that times are getting critical. We are down to the wire, so to speak. Nothing really comes as a shock to me. I think it will just be direction. That is what we all need. It is just time for us to stick close to one another and give each other the support we all need. That is what I think. Or, maybe we are getting a special pioneer couple. That would be awesome.

Todd came over and had beers with Jason while I painted. Deb came over later. Hope she didn't think I was rude. I was up to my elbows in choco-brown paint. (Seriously, it was all over me.)

I feel bad. I let the flowers that Evalyn gave me die. I didn't mean to. I really don't have a green thumb, no matter how much I try to tell myself that I love gardening. I can't keep anything alive. For some reason, the impatiens that I planted have taken off. Kristine said that they do great if they just have dirt to grow in. There you go.

No comments: