Thursday, May 8, 2008

Not as fast as I used to be....

I spent the day after service with Evalyn, Elaine, and little Lyssie in Orlando on Tuesday. We had to hit up some Vietnamese food at Little Saigon before going to the Korean Market. I tried something different for a change. I had the soup with rice noodles and seafood. To tell the truth, it was a little bland until I put the red pepper in it. I think I'll go back to the chicken and rice with napa cabbage that I usually get.

We went next door to the Vietnamese market and I threatened to throw Lyssie in the barrel with the crayfish. "No, I don't want to go swimming with crabs." I almost threatened her again when she made me chase her through Woo Sung's in my heels. Yes, I'm not as fast as I used to be, especially in heels.

Debary congregation is meeting with us for the next month. We are going to be so packed on Sunday. It will be nice to have a full audience for my talk next week. Speaking of that, I need to get cracking on it.

I am so glad Evalyn is not moving. Not only is she my pipeline to kimchi, I would really miss her. OC just wouldn't be the same without her.

Back to training new employees.....ugh. At least Tabitha knows what she is doing and seems to be a good worker. Now, Jeremy isn't going to leave or vet school until the end of July. He only has to go to the campus in Gainesville one Wednesday a week. Not that I'm trying to get rid of him or anything. Another new girl is also trying to get into vet school. She seems really nice. But, she doesn't have much small animal experience outside of fish and some wildlife. "How does bathing a cat go?" "Depends on how the cat feels about a bath. Usually not good, but there are exceptions." 30 minutes later, I had a cat try to eat me because he didn't want a bath. I am one day going to learn to keep my mouth shut.

No comments: