Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Not Dark Yet, But it's Gettin' There

I have a lot on my mind as of late. I'll start with the non-essential stuff. I watched three movies this weekend, all having to do with real people. First, Becoming Jane, a bio-pic on the life of Jane Austen. I like Anne Hathaway and I adore J.A. but the movie turned out to be a little on the boring side. James Mcavoy is a cutie.

I also watched The Notorious Betty Page, a movie about the rise of the most famous pin-up. I have always been intrigued by her pictures. It is amazing that she is such an icon, who is still alive for that fact, but wants to remain out of reach of people. I do love the use of antique cameras and black and white in the film that gives it that nostalgic feel. It makes me wish I was in Miami Beach circa 1954.

Last, but definitely not least, I'm Not There. It is a movie that is suppose to be about Bob Dylan. Other than a soundtrack of Bob Dylan songs and cover, I don't know how all the characters (6 in all) have to do with Bob Dylan. I guess I'll have to do some research and read some Bob Dylan poetry to get this movie. Great soundtrack and great performances by Heath Ledger and Cate Blanchet. You almost forget you are seeing a woman portray a man.

I've not written about this whole Caylee Anthony fiasco. Only because it has been so annoying. The mother, Casey Anthony has been a real thorn in my side. How could you let your child go missing for over a month, if you say you didn't kill her, and not tell anyone? And the grandparents, Cindy and George Anthony, How could you not report your own child, the mother and your grandchild missing for over a month, if you had no idea what was going on? My own mother would not let even 2 or 3 days go by if she hadn't heard from me. And I am 30 years old. And a child is not even involved. I think there has been a lot of neglect and a lot of covering up going on. I am not saying that this woman, Casey, deliberately killed her child. I think the child is dead, fault of the mother, and she has buried her somewhere, and the grandparents are now trying to save their daughter. I think it is sad. I think she needs to fess up and tell what she knows. I think the grandparents need to get out of the cloud of denial that they put themselves in. But I also think people need to quit parking in front of their house and protesting. That is not going to help bring that little girl home.

Thirdly, I just found out yesterday that some man is suing my place of employment for a slip and fall. He claims that he fell and broke his hip in our parking lot on April 7th. I remember the day. This man, whom we have never seen before, limped into our office to buy dog food. Shelley helped him with the food out to his car. He was having a hard time walking. Dr. Mck and Mr. Kirk were in the parking lot, some random chance, and helped him to his car. We asked if he could drive and he said he could because it was his LEFT FOOT that was hurt. He never mentioned, "Hey I fell in your parking lot. I need an ambulance." He just limped in and said he had a hurt foot. This happened like 5 months ago and we just got a letter from the guy's attorney. What a wacky thing. I don't think he has a case. I almost wonder if he purposely came to the office to establish a place where he could in turn sue someone for money. That is my gut feeling. Anyway, I hope we win.

No comments: