Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Some Savannah pics.








We had a splendid time with Nate in Savannah. We arrived Friday night. We went on one of the corniest, most touristy tours, a ghost tour. I don't believe in ghosts, but the tour guide was neato. He reminded me of Kris Kristopherson. I don't even think I spelled his name right. Anyway, it was kinda neat to walk around the city at night. The spookiest thing was a big car crash right next to our tour group. I think the tour guide was even shaken up a bit.

Nate's roomies are pretty cool. It's a married couple from Vietnam. They are like close to my parents age and they have 3 kids in West Palm. I think they keep an eye out for my brother. We all went to dinner before the tour at a Japanese place. Then, we introduced my dad to Starbucks. He's kind of an old fashioned guy. Not used to places like Starbucks.

Saturday was gross weather. We went to the AirForce museum near the interstate. My dad was in hog heaven. Mom and I were bored out of our skulls, but it was interesting. We drove out to where Nate works by the airport. We also took a tour of the city by trolley. Hung (Nate's roomy) made us a dinner of steak and shrimp kabobs and sushi rolls. Delish. Evalyn would have been proud.

Sunday, we ran into the Hunds at an interstate gas station, almost 300 miles from home. They were heading up to New York to donate a concrete pump to Bethel. What timing to run into them. Nate took off work and we went back downtown to shop and to get some more pictures. I'll have to post more, when I can. No Paula Deen sightings. No ghosts. Just good times. And Nate making fun of me for not being able to play Guitar Hero. Seriously, though, I suck.

No comments: