Saturday, December 13, 2008

Delivery is the Key

I have a weakness for anything on the artsy side. I love museums, art galleries, musicals, symphonies. But then, there is the side of me that will watch TMz and pour over Perez Hilton's blog for the latest gossip from Hollywood. I am such a gossip junkie. I wonder how my two sides co-exist.

I have really been watching and dissecting this whole Caylee Anthony thing. It really upsets me. Two days ago, they tentatively found her remains. It still isn't definitive if they are positively her remains, but the odds are that they are. It so upsets me that this person, the mother of this child, has led the police, her parents, and the American public, on a wild goose chase to find her daughter. Hoping, wishing, deluding, any moment we would find this bright little 3 year old safe. I don't want to believe that she is dead, but when the FBI says "you're dead", uh, you're dead.

I know a lot of it boils down to this young mother not wanting to be a young mother. She wanted to party, to live her own life, a life without the restraints of a child. It is sad that her mother convinced her to have this baby and not let HER make the decision to give it up for adoption. I don' think that is the only issue her. I know plenty of very young mothers, and fathers for that fact, who step up and take the responsibility to be a parent in the capacity that they can. Sure, it means sacrifice. It means giving up a lot. But that is your lot when you decide to conceive a child. Your life is a little less yours than it was in the beginning.

I don't understand Casey's whole way of going about it, unless she just wanted to get back at her mother and hurt her in the worst way she could by getting rid of the child so she couldn't have it. There is no telling. But to boldly go partying and living the single life while your daughter is dead is just plain evil. I know in some capacity, she is crazy. Anyone who can justify killing someone else is crazy in my book. But I think she knew what she was doing. She knew enough to lie, conspire and bend the truth in a thousand different ways, that we didn't come across Caylee's little (alleged) remains that were hidden just blocks from the place she called home.

Why? How could you do this? When there are so many people who want a little girl just like Caylee to love? I don't think any punishment could ever fit the crime.

It is so true that pride is an ugly thing. Narcissist are the worst. And Casey is the perfect description of a narcissist.

Ok, that is my rant on this whole thing. Hopefully, this whole community will get closure soon.

No comments: