Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Catch it!!!!

I just found out that a friend of mine moved to Bulgaria for work. Jason is actually toying with the idea of going there. Awesome. I've always wanted to go to Europe. Eastern Europe wasn't always my first choice, but now I'm intrigued. I don't even know much about Bulgaria. Looking at the map, it's awfully close to the middle east. I never really think of places like Iraq and Iran being close to Europe.

Plane tickets are so madly expensive, but at least we will have a place to stay. How expensive could Bulgaria be? Certainly not as expensive as Paris. It's just nice to know that it's actually an idea my husband is considering.
'
Now I'm doing all this research on Bulgaria. I love looking up info for a trip. I love to search for cheap airfare. See how low I can go. The search is probably my favorite part. I rarely get to book anything. It's kind of like window shopping.

Awake! had an amazing article on the Bulgarian town of Plovdiv, which is older than Rome, Carthage, and Constantinople. I will have to re-read that article with a different view.

No comments: