Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tableaux

I am looking for love at first sight, which I know is out there'

I just watched a great documentary on Picasso and Matisse. I had no idea they were such great friends. It is a coincidence that Henri Matisse's grandson lives in Ormond. He is also an artist. A friend of mine helps him sell his art work. According to Jourdan, he really is riding on the whole "I'm related to Matisse" thing. I would love to get one of his pieces. If I ever have 500 to 1000 dollars that I don't need, I will jump right on it.

The in-laws will be in this weekend. That is why I am taking the day as a mental health day. I am still not sure if I will be going to pioneer school next week. No one has confirmed anything with me yet. I am assuming that it is all a go. If not, I think I'll be helping out more at work.

We have a new doctor at work. She is really nice and is a real change for our clinic. Dr. Mck has been running the show by himself for the last 2 years. We've all been players in this three-ringed circus. It's just a nice way to say that he likes to multi-task.

I spent a lot of time cleaning the house yesterday. I got the carpet cleaner from work and slaved to move furniture and dust everything. All the laundry is done. Sure enough, at 4 am, one of my cats is puking on my freshly cleaned, white carpet. I didn't know cats were nauseated by the smell of Woolite. So, out came the carpet cleaner this morning.

I love my new kitten. He is so playful and happy. I now a household of cats who don't think that they are cats. Bronx thinks he is a king. Harlem thinks he's retarded, and Bernie thinks he's a dog. I sometimes wish I had normal cats. What is a wish?

I think I am going to see either my brother or my sister in the next couple of months. I feel bad that they both live 4 hours away and I haven't taken the time to go and visit. So the question is: Do I want to visit Southern mansions, or eat cubans on the beach? The operative question is still this: Savannah or Miami? Depends on how pretentious I am feeling.........

I have a feeling that the next 2 months are going to be hectic. Pioneer school, Jason's first talk, convention. I probably won't be able to think about visiting until the end of September. Jason talked to Garth in Bulgaria. That is still an option. Plus, my sister can get me a mad discount for W hotels. $29/night for family. Is there a W in Paris and Bulgaria? We'll have to make two stops.

No comments: