Saturday, October 24, 2009

New Kitten, Wasps, New Plantings, Bad Blogger.

I didn't realize how true the new magazine on technology was until I couldn't log onto my Facebook for a whole day. I was completely lost. I had not realized how dependent I was on my news feeds and my CafeWorld. I have to say I am a little pathetic. I was mostly upset that most of my virtual food spoiled because I couldn't log on to serve it. Dommage. The time away from the online world helped me to read more and work in my garden. The important stuff.

I have seen a total of 3 snakes in the past week. Blackfoot brought the tiniest ring-neck snake dangling from his mouth much like a cigarette. I took a picture of it just to prove how small he was. Only 5 inches at the most. Wednesday, while taking out the trash, a red rat snake lay on my trashcan. It gave me quite a scare. Today Jason and I saw a rattle snake crossing the road by our old house in service. It must be the time of year for snakes to pop out of the wood work.

I planted so many new things. Irises line the beds of my courtyard next to my spare bedroom and office. I just laid some mulch in the beds today. I unfortunately could not save the violets that Peggy gave me. Not enough water, I'm afraid. I will have to beg her for some more. It was good to get good and dirty during this nice weather.

The new kitten I've been fostering has been real fun. He's quirky. His tail is all bent up like someone has snapped it like a twig. He has a double dewclaw on one front paw, and it missing an entire toe on each of his front paws. I say he's a little retarded, although, that isn't entirely nice. He's so sweet and I'm going to hate to see him go. If I can't find him an ideal home, I guess Jason and I will have to make room for one more in our cat family.>^..^<

I've always been a fan of the book Why Paint Cats. I got a wild hair yesterday and bought some non-toxic face paint to paint my kitties. I practice on Winston, our office cat. He didn't appreciate my artistic sensibilities. I want to paint a skunk stripe on Harlem and do bumblebee stripes in yellow on Bronxie. I am sure that would please them just as much. Unfortunately, I learned that the painted felines in the book are the crafty works of a photo shop and that they really aren't painted. Oh well, I'm still going to paint my cats. At least I'll try to paint Harlem. We would mind it less. I think it's no more cruel to paint a cat than to groom a dog. That's my humble opinion.

I wish I could do something to annoy the wasps in my yard without them coming after me. I've have 3 stings in 3 weeks. Not cool.

No comments: