Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Too Much to Do

I had a dream last night that I wrote a personal memoir. It was very similar to the scrapbook/slambook that I already worked on for sometime, but more professionally bound and printed. It was similar to the "Kurt Cobain Writing" book published about 8 years ago with all of Kurt Cobain's doodles and drawings. It reminded me that I really want to get moving on the novel I started and promptly lost interest in a few months ago. I just have too much to do.

This month is supremely busy. I start pioneer school next week. Work has been so busy. With 3 doctors, us technicians have been working nonstop to keep things running semi-smoothly.

I am buying some watercolors so I can paint this series of art deco pictures of Miami buildings I photographed last month. It's been a while since I've painted anything. Watercolors definitely scream South Beach to me.

I am scrambling to finish my time this week so I can enjoy almost a week and a half of working in my yard. The weather is super hot this year. My plants have suffered a great bit this week without any measurable rain. We've had lots of thunder that has threatened, but I'd love a real gully washer, please. I've moved many irises and aloe plants to the back. I'm getting rid of all the fern that I wrongly placed in beds. I should have listened to grandma when she said that they'd overtake my beds to create a sea of green for snakes to hide in. Yes, grandma, that's exactly what happened. What a big mistake. Hopefully by the end of August, that will be rectified.

No comments: