Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Year/ New Ideas

So I'm not a resolution kind of person. Resolutions are always broken. I have decided to change things about the way I think, eat, and react. I got my inspiration from an article in last month's Whole Living Magazine. "28 Day Detox" The regimen is a little strict. The first week, you cut out all dairy, wheat glutten, peanut products, soy products, alcohol, fake sugar, caffeine, processed foods, eggs. So what is left? I want to do it, but I'm set up to fail, right?

I've decided to go to the gym everyday. I will get up at 5 on the days that I work and meet Elaine at Planet Fitness. What's so bad about getting up a half hour early. Then on the alternate days, I will go with Jason in the afternoon. I will pretty much stick to the Weight Watchers diet, but add more fruit and veggies, and cut alcohol to once a week for a treat. Plus, I'll try to drink more water and leave my coffee for the one cup in the AM. Let's see how that goes.

I'm also trying to wean myself off spending too much time surfing the internet and watching ridiculous stuff on TV. Only educational stuff. Let's see how that goes. Trying to put myself in a better frame of mind. Goodbye reality TV. It's been nice knowing you, but we have to break up.

No comments: