Tuesday, January 1, 2008

10 more days......and "You can put your weed in there."

I can't wait to move. As I've mentioned before, I hate my life in boxes. I guess it's the OCD in me to have everything where it should be. Plus, all of my candles and incense are boxed up. I have no ambiance.
I went with my mom yesterday to this store called Pipe Dreams in Sanford. You had to have your ID to enter because they sell tobacco and other smoking items. Lots of bongs, I mean "water pipes" and rolling papers etc. etc. Mom and I just went in to get incense. They even have a section that looks like a shelve with groceries. They are actually fake bottles and cans you can buyto hide "your stuff" in. Lots of concert t shirts and posters, candle holders, pipes, you know, head shop stuff. Jason didn't even know the term head shop.

head shop- n. Slang. A specialty shop that sells paraphernalia for drug users.

I am not a drug user and never will be, but I desperately needed incense. Plus, I have a 10% off card anytime I go in there. Awesome.

Oh, just read the list put out by Lake Superior State University. It's the 33rd annual list of words banished from the Queen's English for Mis-use. Awesome ranks on the list, so I guess I won't use it anymore. Also make the list of words and phrases:

"It is what it is...."
surge- speaking mainly of it's over use describing the Iraq war
awesome- yes, overused, mostly by people like me
perfect storm
webinar
waterboarding
organic
wordsmithing
author/authored
post-911
giveback
_is the new_
Black Friday
Random- How Random
Sweet- guilty, again
decimate
emotional
pop
under the bus

So, who makes up this list, really? I know LSSU did, but who makes up this committee? Prob a bunch of starchy old men. I guess it's probably important to expand your vocabulary. I remember how sick I was of heari g during the hurricanes a few years ago about "hunkering down." I am surprised that one didn't make the list. I'll have to check the list from a few years ago. I bet you 5 bucks it'll prob be there>^. .^<

No comments: