Sunday, January 13, 2008

It has been accomplished!!!!

Jason and I finally closed on the house. Immediately on Friday, we started moving in. We got almost everything in the house and half way unpacked by Friday night. We didn't actually go to bed until 3 am. Nice. The next day, we had to move over some odds and ends. But 5pm, we have almost everything in it's place. My daybed wouldn't go back together so it's getting the old heave ho.

Try living on three hours of sleep while going crazy. It's never fun. I didn't take a shower until last night. It reminded me of not showering when I visited South America. I dreaded showers because all showers were freezing cold. No joke.

We should be getting our deposit back from the landlord in a week or two. I was sad to hear that the landlords health is getting worse. I feel bad for his wife and the rest of the family.

The cats were the hardest thing to move. I put John in charge of that and Bronx went from sweet and innocent to murderous hellion cat. He didn't leave the box springs of my bed until yesterday evening. I haven't seen him eat since this morning. I think he's almost back to his old self. Bronx and Harlem are playing up a storm as we speak. They have made themselves at home.

It is so nice to have a brand new kitchen. I have so many cabinets that I can't use them all. I almost feel like I don't deserve it. I cook my first meal in it last night. Morningstar sausage with eggs, peppers, red potatoes, onions, and paprika. Not bad. Don't try the veggie patties by Morningstar. They are disgusting.

Things are really good. Jason and I aren't as stressed, atleast not at each other. It's so nice to get through things and just enjoy each other for a while. The next big project is painting and revamping the master bathroom. Just a little as we go. We don't want to put ourselves in debt just to decorate the house.

We had soooo much help moving. John, Todd, Harold, Rose, Jonathan, Kristine, Dave, Jim. It was amazing what we accomplished in two days. And Todd said we'd still have boxed after a month. He doesn't know me well, does he? I only have boxes of pictures that need to go up after we paint. Besides that, everything is where it should be.

The yard will need some attention, but that comes with time. Just like anything else.

No comments: