Thursday, February 28, 2008

Looking for bodies in the dumpster

That was a request my boss made yesterday of me and my workmate. I know, it's a strange request. He happened to see buzzards hanging around the dumpster across the parking lot. These guys were huge and scary. So out Erin and I go, equipped with masks, gloves and a broom. Sorry to report no dead bodies. Just chicken bones and a half eaten sub. I had just interrupted those scavengers lunch for the day. And I looked like an idiot. Or maybe I looked like a surgeon getting ready to take a broom ride.

I finally finished the programs for grandma's memorial this weekend. I hope everything goes well. We leave tomorrow after work. We'll be back on Sunday. I think we are staying with Dave and Robin. We've been keeping in contact with Jason's aunts and cousins up in New York. I think we will visit in July this year. I can't wait to meet the fam. You know it will be over 2 years since I was last in New York. It's been too long.

The shower is almost complete. They are finishing up as we speak. On the Ipod, Bob Sinclar. It has been a dance music day. I am embarrassed to say that I am eagerly anticipating the announcement of New Kids on the Block reunion tour. I know that is sad. Hearing them brings me back to being 12 years old. I was such a nerd. Life was decidedly less complicated. There was no such things as responsibility. I didn't know what a relationship was. I hadn't kissed a boy. Oh, scratch that last one. Anyway, back to New Kids. That was the extent of my music knowledge. In that respect, I am glad I did grow up. After that, real music became my obsession. I married the DJ and that's the rest of the story.

No comments: