Tuesday, March 18, 2008

In the order of things....

I saw my elementary school gifted teacher yesterday. The last time I saw her was 18 years ago. She has not changed at all. She has the typical elementary school teacher mentality. Very thorough. I tried to give her a recap of my life in the last 18 years. Being the typical elementary school gifted teacher, she responds with her interpretation of my life. I smile and say in my head, "Not even close."

She was a cool teacher. Just a little eccentric. Now I understand why. She's a dog breeder. If anyone knows dog breeders or has seen the movie "Best in Show," you understand. Dog breeders are a little on the crazy side. Well, a lot on the crazy side. We have a client spending thousands of dollars so that their "champion bitch" (I can say bitch because it is the correct term for female canine. "Dog" refers to the male. Or sire. Stud. Ok, I'll shut up.) will have puppies. It would be simpler and less expense ,in my eyes, to just get a dog who has no complications with getting pregnant. That is just me. But I am not a dog breeder. I know dog breeders that put braces on their dog. That's their choice, even if I think it is a crazy one.

Bookstudy was slim tonight. We only had 6 people. I did make brownies and coffee in the french press. Deliciouso. The rest go with me to work tomorrow.

Harlem is back to his crazy old self. He only has to stay in the bathroom when we aren't at home. He is back on normal litter. No more feline pine. He wouldn't have it.

I can't wait to go to the memorial this weekend. It is always such a nice time of year. It is always nice to reflect on what Jehovah has given us.

St. Augustine in a week and a half. I hope it will be fun.

No comments: