Wednesday, March 19, 2008

5 year anniversaire of Iraq war...seems like yesterday.

Has is really been that long? It almost seems like yesterday that I heard the news that Baghdad was being bombed. Then again, it feels like it has been forever. I was definitely in a different place in my life at that point. I saw things from a distinctly different vantage point. We are now so close to the end it is not even funny.

It is funny how relationships and time can really change how you feel. I hate to get all Carrie Bradshaw on ya, but whatever. I am in a sentimental mood. It is good to see real friendships get you through the hard times. I am in a really good place right now with the best support system I could ever have. I have Jehovah, my family, my incredible husband. I never want to take that for granted. Jehovah has given me so much. I never want to forget that and lose appreciation for everything that I have.

No comments: