Monday, April 14, 2008

The yard does take shape

I finally started on my yard project. I snipped away all the palmetto bushes. They are so white trash. Jonathan came over and weedwacked and cut the yard. I moved rocks. Yes, rocks. My place is the real Rock City that everyone pays to see. Yes, I make those little red houses that people have in their yard. My yard has so many rocks.

I found my first snake in the yard. He was tiny and hiding under a rock. So cute, really. I thought I killed it because I picked up the rock, saw the snake, and dropped it on top of him. I dug the little guy out and picked him up with a stick. He lay kind of stiff and then began to move around. He had a yellow and orange belly and a yellow ring around his head. I'll have to put a picture of him up. He was cute. I finally quit teasing him and let him wander in amongst the rocks.

What I found in the yard today!!!! It is always some kind of treasure. Today, I found an old birdcage that was collapsed, a rake head, a curler, and of course, the snake. I sounds like I have a junkyard for a yard but I don't. It is just full of treasures and surprises. Don't be jealous

No comments: