Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Blog spying again...

I was kind of sad yesterday. I found out 2 of my friends from high school are either separated or divorced. Plus, there are kids involved. It just makes me want to cry. For both parties, I know they have had a lot of stress and health problems. I don't know if they are going through some other crisis, but I just felt helpless for their situation.

My one friend had this little poem posted on her myspace page about losing your identity when you become someone's wife or mother. Maybe that is true in a sense, but I feel I am still the crazy individual I was before I changed my last name. I am still the same person who is OCD, obsessed with my cat, can't live without chocolate, hates grasshoppers, and loves my friends and family. Maybe I just don't get it. I am not here to judge. I really don't know what is going on. It's true that you don't really know what is going on in a relationship unless you are one of the two parties.

My brother has a friend with a daughter who is 2 1/2 years old. Her mother just abandoned her to live with her father. My mom was discussing with me how much of the philosophy of women's liberation also justifies leaving your role as a mother to fulfill your personal needs. I say to those who believe that: "Grow the hell up. You are an adult. You threw your personal pursuits away the day you laid down and conceived a child. Your life is no longer yours. You have given part of your life to that child. Now you have the sole responsibility as a parent to fulfill that obligation. It's not society's role to be a parent. It's yours. Deal with it. Or be like me and "just say no" to parenthood. It's a simple as that."

Just to clear things up, both of my friends are ,in my eyes, excellent parents. They give everything and anything for their kids. I think that is beautiful. I just wish I knew what was going on with their relationships with their spouses. I guess I should quit spying on their blogs and call. Then I'd know

No comments: