Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sabado gigante!!!!!!!

Saturday was a great day. We went out in service with Rose and Harold. Excellent breakfast at the Potato Patch. I had a really nice call on Barbie. I think I will get her to study. She is extremely nice.

We had grandma, mom and dad over for the annual eating of the honey baked ham. There is nothing in this world like a honey baked ham. It is delicious. I think they put crack in it. My dad spent the entire afternoon watching I Love the New Millinieum. I know it is spelled wrong, oh well. I think he really got a kick out of the G.W.Bush impersonator. I knew he would. It is funny that my 80 year old grandma knows more about pop culture than all of us. She was rattling on about High School Musical, Coldplay, Gwenneth Paltrow. Jason was quite impressed. Back in the day, she subscribed to Rollingstone. She is quite pop culture savvy.

I was just thinking about something i learned in kindergarten. You know, they say that all you need to know is learned then. I remember specifically that we learned about hobos. I remember coloring a picture of one, and remember in detail Ms. Bose telling us hobos are the men that live on the road and eat of of a tin can. They have ragged clothes and carry their tin cans in a handkerchief on a stick. That has been my impression of a hobo all my life. In reality, hobos, for the most part, are what people call bums or homeless. Most of them are drunks. At least, all the ones I know that don't have a specific mental problem. Anyway, I was just wondering if that whole kindergarten exercise was developed so that we don't get the wrong idea about people who are homeless. I mean, the way hobos were described when I was 5 was sort of glamorous. I think I even wanted to be a hobo when I grew up.

It's just funny the things you remember.

No comments: