Monday, August 4, 2008

Meet the Inlaws......

So, the inlaws spent an eventful weekend with us. Try spending 4 1/2 hours at Ikea and being accused of making my mother in law "rush." tisk, tisk. Jason had a nice time bonding with his dad, and I made a killer turkey on Saturday. Sunday at Ikea just about sent me over the edge. I did find some nice deals and the cup of meatballs was great. Nothing like discount shopping and cups of meat that make things all better.

I finally watched Atonement and agreed that it was and wasn't what I had expected. I still think Keira Knightly is too skinny, but great bone structure makes up for it. It really made me feel sad for all the characters and will be labeled one of those movies that I like but not really like the ending. Nobody wins. If the Briony character would have spoken up, think of all the lives wouldn't have been destroyed. That kind of burns me up.

The new book we are studying is going to be great. I have to admit, I don't know as much about the "so-called Minor Prophets" as I should. I know Brother Prall used to always put the "Minor Prophets" in quotes like that. A bit of an oxymoron.

I think it is set that we are going to Mexico and Belize in January. I can't wait. I haven't been anywhere in a while. I did go to D.C. last Nov and St. Augustine in March, but that doesn't count. When Nathan moves into his place in Savannah, we'll be making the trip up. I do miss him.

We got a bed in the spare room/office. Bronx LOVESSSSSSS "his" new bed. It's actually sort of on loan, but I did buy a new quilt cover for it (Ikea, of course) It really looks nice, and we'll now have a nice place for visitors to sleep. The leaky air mattress was getting old and tiresome.

Convention is in less than 3 weeks. I can't believe it. We're staying at a Clarion that has a water park in it. Exciting. I didn't know until I booked it that we have to pay a 12 dollar "resort fee" to use the water slides. Well, by heck, I am going down some slides that Thursday night. And I'm going to the pool bar. It's on.

Sarah's baby shower was decidedly very girlie. Very unlike Sarah. Mom and I had a nice time and I won a Lennox tea cup and saucer. Sweet. Just what Julie needs. She got a lot of nice things. Everything Pooh. The poor kid is going to have a Pooh complex. I'll have to post the pics.

We are supposed to go see Jim Gaffigan in Clearwater with Lyron and Kathryn in 2 weeks. We'll be spending 2 weekends in a row at hotels. I hope we don't get bed bugs.

Oh, I almost forgot!!!!!!!!I got a new kitty. 3 weeks old. Brooklyn, Male, Tabby. So so so cute. I think it's a done deal that we are keeping him. He is doing so good. I actually have to feed him as soon as I finish blogging. I really didn't want another kitty, but Johnathan found him in the brush in the back yard, and he couldn't just leave him there. What's one more ungrateful feline?>^..^<

No comments: