Thursday, July 24, 2008

Manage your matchsticks well.

I've done a lot of gardening in the past few weeks. I think I have my front yard where I want it for the time being. I just have to work on the bed under my big live oak. I have to dig up the pretty ground cover that John just calls weeds and finish planting the mondo grass. There is too much mondo grass. I am so glad for the rain. I planted purple queen or purple heart on the left side of my house. Finally, some color.

I am trying to get everything situated before my inlaws come for the next weekend. Sigh.....I am preparing myself for that event. In the meantime, I want my front yard to look half decent. Just don't look at the back yard. It's a hot mess. I do want to transplant all the impatiens so people can enjoy them. They? are all along the back fence covered in vine. Who can enjoy them out there?

I was up until 11 last night. A real rebel I am. I was feeding the ferel cats in my neighborhood. I know I shouldn't do it, but they are so cute. 2 siamese kittens. I couldn't resist. I'll post the pics soon. Both of the cats and my yard. It is something I am really proud of, especially since I have not paid a dime for a single plant. If I had to pay, I wouldn't be doing any of this. I couldn't afford it.

I am going to a baby shower and a funeral on Saturday.

No comments: