Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Prelude to a great week

The memorial and the following dinner turned out really nice for Brother Haskell on Saturday. We were entertained by John's antics on "open-air food." He has his points, but come on.

Yesterday, I kept using the term "Dick-wad." I really shouldn't. It is not nice, to say the least. It just feels nice to call someone that.

Work went by great. I had a great laugh first thing Monday morning when I received by paycheck and saw that it was written out for $42.67. I laughed, then I cried. I am glad I am not a person that pays bill at the last minute, because I would have been screwed. It was a computer error and Mck will write me a new check on for Wed.

We went over to the Vigil's house for football last night. I am not always up for going over people's houses during the week, after work, for that, but we had such a good time. I love it when other people make tacos. When you make them for yourself, it just isn't the same. The same is true with spaghetti. Why is that?

We are going to Vero Beach this Friday for the weekend. It will be nice to get away. I think Dave and Robin are picking me up so we can hang out while Jason is in the poker tournament with Flood. I'll be happy to get away from that, thank goodness. It will be nice to see Mike from Seattle.

I guess the economy is officially in the toilet. I really just care about how it affects me personally. I already have a house and a car loan. I don't rack up credit card debt. So I can't say I will have trouble getting a loan. Then there is the rising gas and food prices. How will by 401k do? What about job security? I am not going to panic just yet. It would be stupid. Trusting in men is what lays a snare. I think that is in the Bible. If not, I'm in trouble.

No comments: