Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lovin' the colder weather

It's just really nice to go outside your door and not sweat for a change. It's in the 40's in Florida in October. It really feels like fall. I love fall for the smells. The crisp air, leaves, cinnamon. You know, fall stuff.

I am very sad for a friend of mine, who will remain nameless. I won't go into details at present, but I am thinking and praying for her family at this time. Depression is such a terrible thing. It goes far deeper than just being sad. It is almost unexplainable to me.

We've got a couple of exciting weekends. The Coldplay show is in less than two weeks. We are also planning to go to Animal Kingdom and the Epcot Food and Wine festival. I am dragging Jason to that kicking and screaming. I want my escargot.

Work has been very busy. My boss desperately needs a vacation. I think, if all of us could inspire him to go, we'd send him off on a cruise ship with his wife for at least 10 days. He needs to unwind. I know I need to unwind, but he REALLY REALLY NEEDS A VACATION.

The gardening thing is going really well. I have started on the backyard. It is a daunting task, but I have actually accomplished quite a bit. There is still so much I want to do. I want to get a bird bath, a hammock, a deck box, a fire pit, tiki lamps. The planting is going well. I have actually replanted some oyster plants from the front yard to the back. I've even planted a pineapple. Let's see if I harvest any pineapples. I even bought fertilizer yesterday. The good 'ol 6-6-6, or what I refer to as the mark of the wild beast fertilizer. I guess, according to J, this is the last possible point that I could fertilize. I need to get to it.

No comments: