Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We're Serving Up Pulp Fiction and the Like

I had a wonder service day. We had a nice group and nice times. Nice weather never hurts, either. I got the opportunity to work with John Corneck. He is such a wealth of knowledge and funny stories. Anywhere you've visited, he's lived there. Anything you've done, he did for 5 or 12 years. Anything you've read. He's studied and dissected a million times. He's what the Watchtower study was talking about on Sunday. "Grayheadedness means wisdom."

I went on Debbie Clark's study with a Ms. Miriam Dubois- Rousse. Debbie just loves her and said I would, too. It was so weird, because I have been wanting to go on this study of hers for months. Other people weren't so excited about going. They complain it is hot, there's dog hair everywhere, and the woman talks too much.

Anyway, I went. She is the epitome of a sweet grandma who makes cookies and has flowered wall paper in her bathroom. I just loved her story about her 50 year+ refrigerator with patterned contact paper on it that still works. It just needs a little help every once in a while from the igloo. She has an adorable German Shepherd named Savannah. Debbie says she wrote a story from the dog's point of view. Oh, I forgot to mention she is a writer. Her father was one of the pioneers in the pulp fiction genre. She even published a book of his writings entitled The Pulps, The Adirondack, and the Coon Mountain Bill

She was a missionary of sorts from New York, who worked in Canada. She told us the story of marrying her first love 40 + years after they met. Love at first sight stories that span decades. I am getting goose bumps.

She also told me about the West Volusia county Stamp club that meets every week. Why didn't I know about this? I would have been a member years ago. I know, I am such a nerd.

I had a wonder time, and I love meeting interesting people in the ministry. They really enrich my ministry. They make life a little less dull.

No comments: