Sunday, November 16, 2008

Teaparties are cures for colds, but they can help

The tea party baby shower went off without a hitch yesterday. I took enough antihistamine and gargled enough salt water to manage not to cough or sneeze during the entire party. After the shower, we went to Sanford to a block party all of the cool kids in Circuit 5 were throwing. The band On the Soap Box were having their cd release party. Just a low key cd release party that reminded me a lot of a scene out of a teen movie. Maybe I am just getting too old. It was nice to see everyone.

Today, I am paying for staying out on a cold night without my sweater and standing too close to the fire. I woke up so congested. Jason made me stay home from the meeting today. I haven't done much other than making some horrible pre-made Indian food from a pouch. I can't even take a hot bath because my bathroom with a tub is in shambles. I hope it gets done before all my company comes in a week and a half. My sister will be added to the list of the guest.

I talked to Christina for almost an hour today. She was bringing me up to speed on everything going on in her life. Things like her ex- roommate and sometimes best friend getting arrested. I don't mean sometimes best friend as bad thing. Lona and Christina have known each other for a long time. Sometimes they aren't always on the same page with everything. I hope Lona gets help.

Oh, I missed the most exciting part of today. Harlem caught his tail on fire while I was on the phone with Christina. I am glad I was there to put it out. I had a candle on the kitchen counter. Little Harlem was sitting in the sink with his tail swirling and it swirled right over the candle and immediately caught on fire. I quickly put it out. Harlem was disturbed by the smell of singed hair. Who isn't?

I have turned into a Facebook nut. Thanks, Flood. It has been good to find people from high school and to see where they are in life. Pictures are so telling.

No comments: