Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Start of the 4 Day Weekend.

I have not had a 4 day weekend in a long time. It will be action packed. I got off work today at 12 and came home to clean house and do laundry. It is crazy, but it calms my nerves. Jason came home and we went to work out and go to the store. I then realized that I didn't know what I wanted for dinner. It drives him nuts that I can't just decide what I eat. What he doesn't know is that it drives me even more nuts to be hungry and not know what I want to eat. It is frustrating.

Tomorrow, Christmas day, I will make breakfast and work in the yard as Jason goes over to Eric's to work of the finances for the hall. At 4 pm, I have my congregation pioneer meeting with the elders, followed by dinner at the Hoover's house. Free dinner, yeah!!!!!!!

Friday is the pioneer meeting with the circuit. I always love it because I get to see everyone and it is just so encouraging. I wonder who the speakers will be...........

Sat and Sun is the assembly. So much spiritual food. Can I handle it?

I got some really cute outfits at Koel's. I got 2 skirts, a shirt, a jacket, a necklace, and a dress for 68 bucks. Not bad. That 30 percent off coupon came in handy.

Jason and I had such a good time with Martin and his family on Monday night. He called Jason while I was on my way home from work. I get a call as soon as I am rounding Lake Monroe that he wants us to meet him for dinner at the Garlic Crab House. He promises a real party with seafood and booze. Count me in. So I hurry home to get the smell of wet dog off me.

Voila, we are sitting in The Garlic Crab House which is on the corner of 25th and Park Ave in Sanford. It is sort of on the border of the ghetto. It looks more like a hangout/ fish market with metal crabs on the tables holding the salt and pepper shakers and hot sauces. Jason and I are the only white people there. Martin informs us that he needs to make a run the convenient store for cups. I didn't realize that everyone brought their own alcohol to this establishment. I thought we had to be all discreet about the alcohol, until I realized that the lady behind the counter knows of the alcohol and gets us cups of Coke to mix with our rum. I told you the place was really ghetto.

So many nice friends showed up. A lot of the Sanford crew showed up, beer in tow, and a small boom box to churn out r and b. I felt out of place at first, but then, it was a real good time.

Martin's son in law invited Jason and I to Ohio to visit. He said he would arrange for Jason to give a talk in his hall. Sweet. I have never been to Ohio.

I am so getting ready for this long weekend ahead. Still thinking of the good times of this past week. I love time off.

No comments: