Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Starting of a Brand New Day

My sleep has been awful for the last few days. I will chalk it up to hormones and the fact that I hate my mattress. It is too soft. Jason and I have been going to separate beds a few times a night, but it doesn't seem to help. All the Advil in the world really doesn't help, either.

I find myself up at least an hour or two in the middle of the night. I wish those were hours I could put to good use, but they are spent tossing, turning, thinking, aagggghhhhh! It is stressful. I know what Tesh says about insomnia ending up being stressed about the fact that you cannot sleep. I need to get that into my head. That would be helpful.

I went with my mom to see The Secret Life of Bees. I really want to borrow the book, although I probably ruin both experiences by watching the movie first. I will have high expectations of the book, although Christina really recommends it. I love movies with strong women characters. It was disappointing to see Paul Bettany as an arrogant bigot. He is one of my favorites. He did soften at the end. I didn't understand the whole black Madonna thing (prob my least favorite thing of the movie.) It was a good glimpse into the culture of the south in the 60's. I am so glad things have change in way of race relations. I hate closed-minded people.

No comments: