Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Another year wiser.....

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm 31 today. I am so yippy skippy happy. I am glad I don't do birthdays.

Went to the vacuum store yesterday, which is right next to a Fern Park landmark. The classic Circus-Circus strip club. We used to pass it all the time when we'd go to Orlando as a kid. Now, folks, we went to Orlando almost every weekend when I was a kid. It's not what you'd think, especially if you aren't from around Orlando. Orlando isn't equated with Disney. Most of Orlando is ghetto. In fact, Disney isn't even in Orlando. It's in Kissimmee. We'd go to Orlando to go to the malls so my dad could look at airplane magazines and such. He used to do dumpster diving behind this one strip mall because it had really cool stamps. That's a blog for another time. Well, back to my story.

Circus-circus was this elaborate building that houses strip club. When I was a kid, my sister and I thought it would be a really nice place to go to for a party. It looked like there would be a circus inside. Kind of like a Chucky cheese. We'd beg our parents to go there. I can't imagine what my parents thought of us saying we wanted to go to this strip joint. Probably pretty hilarious.

I took a picture of Circus-circus yesterday and sent it to my sister and told her I was celebrating my bday there today. I wrote :Jealous?

It's funny how you still can remember those strange details about your childhood. We both had a laugh.

My irises are blooming and I finished my talk for Thursday in half and hour this am. I think it turned out alright. No mention of Circus-circus. lol

No comments: