Sunday, February 22, 2009

Spring Around the Corner.....

Well, it's a few more weeks till spring, but you can feel it in the air. The air has that smell. My citrus is blooming. In Florida, the oak leaves fall like snow, so there is so much raking to do. That is just what I did yesterday. Jason and I decided to take a day to be together and just loaf. Like a poundcake, you know.

We went to breakfast, the library, Target, Kohls, the grocery store. You know, errands, errands, errands. But it was fun. I felt slightly guilty, but we needed a day for ourselves.

We got some really good movies from the library. I watched Monsoon Wedding, which is a story about a girl arranged to be married. It was half in English and half in Hindi, I think. Not your typical colorful Hindi film. Mostly drama, but one good dance scene. This was an indie film, so of course, it was different for difference sake.

I finally bought a hammock with the money my grandma sent me. I set it up yesterday and vowed to use it at least 2 times a week. They are so relaxing. It is getting me ready to enjoy one on my cruise next month. I think we are going to go snorkeling on the coral reefs in Cozumel. I just need to buy that underwater camera.

No comments: