Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Saddest Girl with a Martini......

Oh, I do love Vanilla Sky. I hate it, but I still love it. Mostly, I love the scene of Tom Cruise running through Time Square when it is empty. Very disturbing......

So, the drama continues at work. Tabby comes back tomorrow, but Debi had us leave up the "Now Hiring" sign. I guess we still don't know the ends and outs of what will happen. All I know is that I am leaving in 2 weeks, regardless.

I bought a hammock. I don't know if I have mentioned it before. Ever since we moved into this house I've wanted to have a hammock. My grandma sent me some money, so I used it to finally buy one. 40 bucks at Target.

It has been kinda cold for the last 2 days. Sunday we had a cold front come through and it feels like New Jersey. It was amazing how quick the temperature changed. Before the meeting it was 70. Walking out of the Kingdom Hall it must have been like 45 degrees. I was sad that I didn't wear pantyhose.

I watched Cloverfield this weekend. What a craphole of a movie. I liked the idea of the single tape with the 2 story lines: the monster part and the love story of the 2 main characters being weaved on the tape. (if you didn't know, the movie is basically someone camcorder viewing of being attacked by a monster) It either could have been really good or really bad. It was the latter. It was Godzilla meets Blair Witch Project.

My anniversary is in 2 days. I can't believe it has been 4 years now. How time does fly. It seems only yesterday that I was scrambling around looking for a place to have a reception and putting together Hersey Kiss wedding favors.

On vacation, I want to at least read one book. My mom gave me The Secret Life of Bees. I think that will be the book. I've cheated because I've already seen the movie. Great movie.

Dave and Sharon are coming over on Sunday for dinner. We haven't seen them or had them over in a while. They are moving up to Conn. soon, I guess. I guess we'll find out more on Sunday.

Jason has something planned for our anniversary this weekend. It's a surprise, but I've been trying to figure out what it is. I thought it could be Sea World, but I don't think we'll be taking a whole day off from service on Saturday. I thought maybe he'll take me to that wine bar on Park Avenue in Winter Park. Maybe the Cheesecake Factory. I'm not sure.

My blow dryer died, so my hair looks like a rat's nest this morning because I went to bed with semi-wet hair. I definitely have to get out the chi this morning and work some magic so I don't scare anyone in service.

I found out that Abby and Wendy are going to the New Kids concert, too. I'll have to post some awesome pictures. It will be nice to see Abby. She moved to Ft. Meyers about 6 months ago. I am excited about the show, and even more excited that I don't probably have to work the next day.

I can't wait to get out in the yard and do something other than rake leaves. Jason was so kind as to get me a wheel barrow so I could just take the leaves behind the fence. That is instead of bagging them up. How sweet. No sarcasm. I am glad to say the impatiens are coming back. Slow but surely.

I love this new song by Lily Allen called "The Fear." It really is like nothing I've heard before from her. It might not be extremely new, but new to me. I put a bunch of new music on the ipod. Some new New Kids, some 90's booty rap, stuff from a group called Passion Pit, which is like a Postal Service sort of sound, some Rod Stewart. Just a bunch of random music. Oh, I forgot, new U2. I have to get the new album..........Suppose to be a lot like Achtung Baby! We'll see about that......

No comments: