Thursday, February 26, 2009

Work Drama continues.....

(Sigh) Yes, this is the week that it happened. My workmate went to jail, putting the rest of us good workers in a bind. She is having her house foreclosed on and she and her boyfriend have a tempestuous relationship. Several domestic violence records in the past, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, it all came to a head Saturday morning when her man flooded their house. She left work and apparently they both got arrested. As far as I know they are still in jail.

I feel sorry to a point, but this mess they created is just that. It wasn't an accident. It was probably fueled by alcohol and rage. I have no sympathy for people who don't have any accountability to their actions. Ones that can't think past their own rage, it's inexcusable to me. That is why I have never been able to understand abuse. It never does anything good. It only tears you down.

This person will only do better if they truly want to. This person needs treatment. I really don't think she should keep her job with this situation. The economy is so bad and the job should go to someone who gives a crap about more than themselves. This act was plain and simple selfish, not thinking of the backlash and the consequences, let alone the pain and suffering of their family.

On the bright side, I am making up for the week I'll be gone to Mexico. I could save vacation time for pioneer school this summer, if I am accepted.

I really didn't want to take up this blog with rants about work. There are so many people out there with no employment. I am thankful for my job. I really do love what I do, but sometime the people I deal with really really really get on my nerves.

I am sure things will work themselves out in the workplace. They always do. Do you know that in the last 14 months we've had 3 employees in jail? Weird, huh? The next person we hire, I think Erin and I should do some armchair investigating. Check the local jail records, check myspace and facebook accounts. Make sure we don't get anymore jail birds.

No comments: