Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Busy busy week.

I've had so much to do in the last week. My head feels like it is spinning. Between dj gigs, getting together with old friends, work, cats, birds, and every day life. One thing at a time.

Jason and I were woken up at 2:30 in the morning last Thursday by the police. No one ever wants the police to be at their door at 2;30 am. for anything. This was actually a good deed. My brake lights were stuck on. If he hadn't woken us up, I would have had a dead battery. Thinking something was terribly wrong with the white car, I would have called the mechanic and wasted his time over a dead battery.

I learned something from that experience. My paper arrives very, very early. At 2:30 it was already there. Talk about prompt service.

I spayed another of my garden kitties. That my nice way of saying "stray." Jason decided on the name Trixie because she sort of did a trick by jumping into my arms when I got near her. She stayed in my bathroom all weekend. I had to throw her out because she refused to use the litterbox. She was so sweet inside. I thought she'd stay that way. She won't even let me touch her now. I think she is upset with me for fixing her and not allowing her to have her love litter. Yes, she was a little bit pregnant. opps.

I had to save a baby blue jay for infinite destruction, aka owls and the garden kitties. I don't think the baby blue jay or his parents would appreciate my sweet nickname for the cats. After successfully rescuing the birdie from the cats, I let it fly onto the carpet in front of Bronx. It was okay, until I stepped on him. He screamed like I killed him. Then his little black eyes rolled back into his head and his neck swung around like it was broken. I felt like scum. I kept him in the bathroom over night in one of Bronx's cat carriers with some seeds and some mashed up cat food. I rushed him to the Haven in Altamonte the next day. One more bird on this earth to poop on my car. He was pretty cute, though.

Got my U2 tickets. I don't know I mentioned that earlier. I'm super psyched because they are floor seats.

No comments: