Tuesday, September 23, 2008

He will be sadly missed.

I found out yesterday that a beloved elder in my hall passed away early Monday morning from a massive heart attack. He was in his eighties. He was an elder who you loved to hear give a talk. He was so insightful and had a mind sharper than a tack. I learned something in every single one of his talks. He and his wife moved to our hall about a year and a half ago. I knew his health wasn't good, but he didn't let anything like bad health stop him. He was quite active and always had a twinkle in his eye. I used to joke, we all did, that he reminded us of Dr. Evil. (Unknowing to him, he really was dead on) He was so endearing. I am sad that I did not get to know him better as a person.



If it is any consolation, he died shortly after doing what he loved most, next to the truth.

I know he will be sadly missed by his family and the whole congregation. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Life can be so short and fleeting. Never take your loved ones for granted. Always hug them and tell them how much you care for them. You may never have the chance if you wait.

No comments: