Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'm In a Reading Mood.

I really hate this time of year sometimes. All the holiday music and red and green really start to make me sick 2 days after Thanksgiving. However, I did find the illustrated edition of Marley and Me at Books a Million for 10 bucks. Everyone I've spoken to says that it is a great read, but sad. I would like to read it before I see the movie.

I also picked up
A Thousand Splendid Suns
, by the same writer who did Kite Runner. I thought it would be nice to read a couple of things this year that didn't involve Tori Spelling. I can't believe I read her book in one day. I was on vacation. That was my only saving grace.

We had a nice breakfast with my family before Christina and Alex went home. Alex seems really nice and Christina seems very happy with him. I hope they enjoyed dinner on Thursday. It was nice to have them down for once. The Boston Cream cake was the shiz-nit. My grandma treated us all to Cracker Barrel and refused to let anyone else pay for it. Unknowing to us, she said it was my dad's birthday, so she was celebrating it, even if the rest of us didn't. I totally forgot that it was his birthday. Oh well. 39 again. Nothing makes me happier than biscuits, eggs, and apple butter. And hash browns with cheese. I love a Southern breakfast. Monday, I am back on the wagon. And back to the gym.

The FSU/ Florida game is on. A big rivalry in my family. My dad and grandma went to FSU and my uncle to Florida. My dad and uncle bet each other a dollar every year over which team will win. They end up passing the same dollar back and forth over the years. Family traditions...........

No comments: