Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Earthworms of Great Strength

I worked very hard in the backyard today, making room for the new flowerbed that I am developing that includes the 2 laurel oak trees right outside my sliding glass door. I dug up all the rocks and places them ever so gently in a kidney-shaped fashion. What to do next? I really should post some pictures. I always complain that I can't see results, but everyone raves that I have done so much. I can't see it. It is the perfectionist in me.

Under all the rocks that I used, there were tons of earthworms. Gillions of them, and that's not even a real word. Good old fashion earthworms. It made me think if an earthworm farm would be profitable. Maybe I could make some extra dough by selling bait to fishermen. What a sweet idea. I have too many of them.

This will be our bookstudy's last goody-night. Yes, every first of the month we have snacks after the bookstudy. It usually is a big hit and everyone enjoys. I am doing an ultimate fake-out by slicing up the left over pies I have and serve them on a tray with whipped cream. I must get rid of all those pies. This is a genius way to do it.

I am reading A Thousand Splendid Suns, and honestly, I can't put it down. It is a great book. It makes me really appreciate all the freedoms we have as women in this country. Just the thought of being confined to wearing a birqua is so constricting. And that is just a minor part of the culture. You have to read it.

I also saw a great movie. Picture Bride is the story of a young Japanese girl sent to Hawaii to be a picture bride. It's sort like a mail-order bride. The husband-to-be sent her a picture that was 2o years old. When she finally saw him, she was quite upset and spends the better part of the movie trying to go back to Japan. She can't quite save up the money to do so, and ends up staying with her husband. Such a sweet movie.

No comments: