Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'll Oodle over this weekend some other time

So, it was my anniversary weekend. It really was great, despite some missteps. It all started on my real anniversary, Thursday. I woke up with a terrible back ache. That is the precursor to my period. Sorry for the tmi, but it's true. At noon, Jay calls me to rescue this sweet, but old and sickly cat from Sanford. He was super sweet, but what I needed wasn't an old sick cat.

I took the old and sick cat with me to work the next day. I got his shots updated and checked him for the retro viruses that outside cats can get. Unfortch, he had FIV. It's what people refer to as feline AIDS. Cats can live with it, for the most part. With outside cats, they are more prone to fight. The virus lowers their immune systems. So fighting leads to infections, to sickness, blah, blah, blah. Jason would not let me put this cat to sleep. He searched until he found someone who would take him as an only cat. We gave him to Ken yesterday. I am sure it will work out just fine.

Friday I went to see Marley and Me with mom. Don't go see this movie if you don't want to cry for the last 20 minutes. It's all about the dog getting bloat and the family's decision to put him to sleep. I love how the movie makes his slipping away so dramatic. Marley takes his last breathe and slowly closes his eyes. This is a little word to any who don't what it is like to be in a room when an animal is euthanized. It is terribly sad. I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but dogs don't dramatically close their eyes when it is all over. They stay WIDE open. Even if you want to close them after the animal is gone, they pop back open. It can be kind of creepy for the pet's owner.

Jason had flowers delivered to my office on Friday. The only problem is that 1800Flowers screwed up and doesn't know the difference between Casselberry and Fern Park. They never called Jason to ask for directions and they never delivered my bouquet. Dommage.

Saturday we took a lazy day. We went to breakfast. Then suddenly my lazy Saturday turned into me raking the yard. Well, at least I didn't have to go to the gym. We went to Jim and Elaine's anniversary party. We were the only people there that didn't speak English. No wonder Jim wanted to make sure we were there. After the party, we went to Luigino's, the scene of many of our first dates, our engagement party, and our wedding. It was nice to see Doug again. The meal was expensive, though. The owner, Gino Palucci, was there having dinner with his family. Doug said he's 90 and losing it. For that, we got sort of lousy service. Jay wanted to call an complain, but we didn't want to get Doug in trouble. It really wasn't his fault.

We took Sunday off as well to do chores around the house and to have Dave and Sharon over for dinner. It was nice to see them again. I can't believe they are leaving for Rhode Island in June. It will be nice to visit them again.

New Kids in 3 days, cruise in 11. I can't wait.

No comments: