Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Feeling A Lot Like Summer

The temperature is going to be in the mid-80's all week, accompanied by rains. I am not complaining about the rain. Everything is so dry around me. It is turning into one huge dust bowl. I just would like to complain a bit about the heat. We in Florida have to deal with months with temperatures well into the high 90's. Can we have a break and have a mild spring for once?

I celebrated the beginnings of spring by planting an herb garden. I went ahead and bought the plants instead of seeds. I had a catastrophe last year with the cats and my plants. I planted them in the huge pot in my back yard. Basil, cilantro, Thai basil, and stevia. I will pick up others if I don't kill what I already have. I am not sure what I am suppose to do with the stevia. I know it's a natural sweetener, but exactly how to use it, I don't know.

No comments: