Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday Tuesday

I saw two decent movies this weekend. Persepolis- the French cartoon about an Iranian girl obsessed with Iron Maiden. There was actually more to the story than that. A lot of political and social themes. Reminded me a lot of the old Madeline cartoons with a twist and profanity.

I am embarrassed to say that I had to ditch the French and watch the movie in English. Yes, me who took AP French. If anyone know me knows I can't just sit and watch a movie. I have to be actively doing something. I haven't gone the way of actually reading a book during a movie. I was losing the story as put together my scrapbooks. (Which I finished, thank you very much) Hours and hours of paper scraps, stickers, decals, and stencils. It is finally completer. Until the next journey, of course.

I would like to visit my brother in Savannah for Memorial Day. Jason, however, informed me that he would be working. Rats.

The other movie I enjoyed was My Blueberry Nights with Norah Jones. It was watchable but nothing I would bother to see again. I was expecting more out of her speaking voice. Kind of shrill in comparison to her beautiful singing. Her acting was ok. Not the next Meryl Streep.

Things have been very busy lately. Where is everyone finding time to have children? I know of at least 10 pregnant friends. I can hardly schedule time to have my hair cut. ( That is happening today.) I am very happy for all of them. Better them than me.:)

No comments: